In today’s economy, entrepreneurship is an important instrument of growth.
According to Ajay Bam, a lecturer at the Lester Center for Entrepreneurship at the University of California, Berkeley’s Haas School of Business defined Entrepreneurship as the journey of opportunity exploration and risk management to create value for profit and/or social good.
As defined by Andrew Schrage – Blogger and Owner of MoneyCrashers.com -“An entrepreneur is an innovative, risk-taking individual who identifies a need in a market and finds a way to fill it, whether by using his or her own expertise and passion, the knowledge of others, or a combination of the three. More simply stated, an entrepreneur is someone who sees an opportunity and invests in it in order to turn a profit or provide a solution to some larger issue in the world.”
The doers of entrepreneurship are called entrepreneurs but not all entrepreneurs possess entrepreneurship attributes.
Here are my 10 preferred quotes on entrepreneurship. Read it carefully, let it inspire you, motivate you and empower you to become the next big & celebrated entrepreneur of all time.
- “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese proverb.
- “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.” – Scott Belsky, co-founder of Behance.
- “If you’re not a risk taker, you should get the hell out of business.” – Ray Kroc, founder of McDonald’s.
- “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein, physicist.
- “Risk more than others think is safe. Dream more than others think is practical.” – Howard Schultz, CEO of Starbucks.
- “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney, co-founder of the Walt Disney Company.
- “Entrepreneurship is neither a science nor an art. It is a practice.” – Peter Drucker, management consultant, educator, and author.
- “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game’s winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that’s why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan, NBA Hall of Famer.
- “If you have time to whine then you have time to find solution.” ― Dee Dee Artner
- “The critical ingredient is getting off your butt and doing something. It’s as simple as that. A lot of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But today, the true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer.” – Nolan Bushnell, entrepreneur.
In conclusion, from me to you – Put your ideas to test today and get the right entrepreneurial team who will help you spread out the risk of the new enterprise and also bring in different talents and skill sets (the Lean way). With that in place, don’t be afraid. Take that calculated risk! I have started mine with my team by developing a marketplace for events at www.eventstop.ng (Launching soon). It’s never too late to start as your risk can lead to huge success if you do things right. Examples of great entrepreneurs are:
Bill Gates – Founder of Microsoft
Mark Zuckerberg – Founder of Facebook
Pierre Omidyar – Founder of eBay
Sim Shagaya – Founder of Konga
Travis Kalanick, Garrett Camp – Founders of Uber
Evan Williams, Noah Glass, Jack Dorsey, Biz Stone – Founders of Twitter
Brian Chesky, Nathan Blecharczyk, Joe Gebbia – Founders of Airbnb
Matt Rogers, Tony Fadell – Founders of Nest
Drew Houston – Founder of Dropbox
Remember, they took the risk to become world-celebrated individuals and also, introduced change in various industries.
Thanks for your time. Feel free to add your own quotes and contributions. Remember to like and share with your friends and family.
Follow my Blog: http://temitopeadelekan.com
LinkedIn connect: Temitope Adelekan