“Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a PLAN, in which we must fervently BELIEVE, and upon which we must vigorously ACT. There is no other route to SUCCESS” – Pablo Picasso
Beginning of every year, we tend to plan our year in advance by penning down what to be achieved. No doubt, this is the best way to start the year. I started this year with loads of goals to achieve in 2016 likewise some of us too. One habit is known to be human beings greatest challenge in achieving their individual goals and the earlier the better you tackle this, or you might have moved deeper into the year before realizing you haven’t achieve any of the goals.
This habit is called PROCRASTINATION. This is known to be a psychological behaviour that affects people to some degree or another. It is also a goal destroyer, a dream killer if not controlled or worked on, it leaves us with guilt, stress, inadequacy, self-disgust or depression. For most of us whenever there’s a goal or task that needs to be done either big or small, important or irrelevant, we answer by saying “I will attend or start later “or rather “postpone it till next day”. This is an habit that should be shun and cast out of our daily lives if we are to ever accomplish our set goals either personally or at our place of work.
Below are 12 powerful procrastination quotes to motivate you & 15 ways to help you overcome procrastination (infographic). So, wake up from your slumber, re-visit those goals or tasks and start work on them right away. Remember, if you don’t start, you wont know that you can. We all can only if we believe and courageous enough to start now. The quotes:
- “My advice is to never do tomorrow what you can do today. Procrastination is the thief of time.” – Charles Dickens
- “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb
- “Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.” – Napoleon Hill
- “You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “The two rules of procrastination: 1) Do it today. 2) Tomorrow will be today tomorrow.” – Unknown
- “What may be done at any time will be done at no time.” – Scottish Proverb
- “The best way to get something done is to begin.” – Unknown
- “Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows.” – Michael Landon
- “Procrastination is like a credit card: It’s a lot of fun until you get the bill.” – Christopher Parker
- “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Martin Luther King
- “The perfect time to start something never arrives, so therefore, start now.” – Unknown
- Begin while others are procrastinating. Work while others are wishing.” – William Arthur Ward
I hope you find the quotes useful. Here are 15 ways you can overcome procrastination.
Remember, information/knowledge is never enough. Let us spread the word!
Thanks for taking out time to read through. Feel free to share, drop your suggestions or contributions.
Follow my Blog: http://temitopeadelekan.com
LinkedIn connect: Temitope Adelekan
Infographic Source: Essay.Expert